|
|
Saturday, July 08, 2006
Crrrazy weekendIt started on Thursday around 11:15 AM: I was at work, shredding shit with Naama, when Adi called. I was happy to get a phonecall from him that early in the day because usually we don't get to talk before one of us is back home. He sounded totally normal, too, so I didn't suspect anything but after a few seconds he brought this up "so... I was in an accident..." He started giving me details about where it happened and stuff and I was like: "get to the point... are you hurt?!?!" and he gave me a really vague answer and so I couldn't figure out what was really going on. He said he would get back to me in a bit. I wasn't too satisfied with that answer, but didn't want to pressure him at that moment (he was just in an accident and I didn't even know what state he was in). The amount of time he was taking to call was stress me out and I couldn't wait any longer, so I called him. He said that he might go to a hospital, that he didn't know yet... something about his arm... Bottom line: the driver who hit him took him to a hospital, and luckily I work really close to this hospital. I found him sitting on one of those hospital's beds in the emergency room: ![]() (he's doing the "I'm miserable" thing) He looked totally normal and bunny-ish other than his right arm that had a few bruises and scratches covered up with Iodine. It didn't look that bad, but he could hardly move his hand. After a while I sat near him and we just waited together until someone told us what to do and where to go. He had calmed down quite a bit, so while waiting I got to hear the full version story: He was on his way to work, riding his bike down a hill (fast) on King George St. At the same time some 60 year old dude from Ramat Aviv was driving in the oncoming lane and decided to make a left turn, he didn't see my bunny, and my bunny was going really fast since it was downhill and didn't have any other way to go. At this point he couldn't avoid the crash... He doesn't remember the moments from when he hit the car and until he already kinda got up from the ground. He only remembers the massive confusion of the aftermath, a lot of people surrounding him trying to figure out how badly he was hurt. They were talking about how he could've totally died, and that he had to be taken to a hospital. Some girl got him a bottle of water... His first reaction was "I'm on my way to work... yeah, I need to go to work." He exchanged details with the driver who hit him, and took his damaged bike. He walked it a few meters, then he suddenly noticed his right arm was in a horrible pain and figured he couldn't go on like this. He managed to lock the bike somewhere in this area, called the driver who hit him, and he took him to the hospital. He was waiting there alone for about 20 minutes until I got there, too. This is close to where the accident happened: ![]() The whole procedure was slow as hell... we spent more than five hours in the hospital just to get a referal for an x-ray, the x-ray itself, going back to the doctor who gave us the good news - the x-ray was clean. Even though he didn't break it, his arm was still pretty messed up, so they covered it up with a bandage and that was it. In the evening Adi decided he didn't like the idea of his bike staying locked up on the sidewalk of a random street, so we went down there to bring it back home where it belongs. We were already kinda back to our normal weekend routine at this point, so on the way to get the bike I noticed a nice pair of shoes in a store window (I can't help noticing a nice pair of shoes), and decided to go in and try on a few pairs (as usual, most of what I tried on was too wide for my narrow feet), and ended up getting a pair in black. When we found the bike we saw that it was really messed up -- the whole front end was twisted, and the brakes were all screwed up. We figured it wasn't even worth fixing, and the right move would be getting a new one. Adi got a hold of the guy who hit him and told him that the bike was history and said that he should pay for it. The guy asked for some time to make phone calls and figure out what he wants to do. On Friday we went down to the market as usual (well, usually Adi goes on his own, I'm not a market girl... But the situation have changed and I came with him to help). When we got to the meat store The dude behind the counter was all "how come you're not wearing headphones?", then he noticed me and figured it out (Adi takes his iPod EVERYWHERE). A couple of hours later we went to meet the guy who hit my bunny. He was all about "lets have you sign a thing says you don't have any complaints towards me and no intentions of suing and never will." I ended up writing the little declaration they both signed that left an out clause for Adi in case something changes. The meeting ended with the satisfaction of both sides and good wishes for the future. Later we watched "Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" while eating lunch. ![]() I loved it!!! And of course I had to fall in love with something -- the lion! so frickin cute :) Around 4:00 in the afternoon we went to see a friend of Adi's from work rehearsing with his incomplete band in the Yehushuah Bar on Ben Yehuda St. In the evening we walked down to the Giraffe restaurant on Even Gavirol St. and poor Adi had to suffer through my complaints about the inconvenience of walking down there, but he knows I just do that sometimes and there's no harm in that. When we were a few blocks away from the restaurant I changed into my new sandals :) We ordered our regular meal (the only meal we've ever tried there) -- noodles with four sorts of mushrooms, it really is great :) While waiting for the food to come we investigated their "table cloths": ![]() ![]() We finally got our food but there were pieces of bacon all over it, which we asked them very specifically not to add, so in five minutes the waiter appeared with the right orders. I ate my noodles with chopsticks. When you get used to it, it's really convenient ![]() My face looked too awkward in this light, so I cut it out :D. The way home was way cooler than the way there. We ran into this graffiti: ![]() "What's hiding under the Bahai Gardens?" what the $%@# does that mean?! And this painting was on the wall behind it: ![]() On Saturday I made chicken and potatoes and when I was finally done (I'm really slow when I make food) we watched "Inside Man". This is a great great movie. |
About Me My name is Inbal I live in Haifa I am 21 years old I'm a walking advertisement for Castro, Flickr and Skype, but I'm not getting paid for this (that's a shame). I'm usually invisible on icq I hate wisdom teeth and band-aids See my complete profile
My wish list:
If you wanna make me happy/ it's my birthday and you don't know what to get for me -- This is what I would like to get :) (as usual I'm saving you the trouble) ![]()
![]() ![]() lable on the right side of my name at the top? You click on this and then choose to upgrade my pro account. I think you have to be signed up for Flickr to do this, as well.
My Routine
Artists: Young Love, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Caviar; Songs: "Toxic", "Helena", "Discotech", "e-talking"; TV: House, BattleStar Glactica, Veronica Mars, Desperate Houswives, Lost, Be'Tipul; Film: "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", "Meet Joe Black", "Shrek 2"; Games: Texas Hold'em, Risk, Stratego, Bullshit; Motto: Wra
Shtutnic Links
Bunnies Ani Kivsa Crazy Cat Drums Hebrew Slang Dictionary Prank Calls Cat Photoshoped Fat Woman The End of The World 87 Billion Tsav Rishon The bunny version of the Titanic Yum! Star Wars Kid Snakes I feel waaa Afroninja Naomi Rubin The Weatherman Screen Cleaning nintendogs Israel/Europe Looking for my leopard Secret Bookshelf Door! Indexed!
Games
Hit The Penguin Hit The Penguin2 Dinky Bomb Breed The Rabbits Frogs Hakasefet The Bird
Quizes
Recognize The Fake Smiles IQ Test IQ Test2 Purity Test Lots of Tests Personality Test Life's Rating
Archives
Credits
Surprise
Flickr
|