|
|
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Kitchen DutyThis was the first time I had kitchen duty since basic training. I hadn't had it until today because I moved from the only section of my department that is exempt from doing it. I was really nervous about it this morning. I don'' know why, but the whole idea bothered me a lot and I really really didn't wanna do it. It wasn't so much about the actual duty, but more the idea of being stuck there for hours with girls that I expect to be really, really trashy, lazy and not nice (we call them frehot and Arsiyot in Israel :) . However, I got there, it was a little weird at first, but it got easier. The first mission for me and for some really freha stupid lazy girl was taking the dirty plates out of the dishwater they were soaking in, putting them in the big dishwasher and then taking them out of there when they're clean and organizing them on carts. After the other girl took about ten plates out of the pool of dishwater and put them in the dishwasher she claimed "I can't do it anymore! My hands hurt so much, it's killing me!" I was like "Damn! It was a lot quicker than I expected!" I just played the game and answered something like "oh you poor thing" and rolled my eyes. After an hour of this really hard work we got a break. I didn't get why and how we got a break so quick and thought that if we get a break after an hour there must be more of this to come in the next four hours of us being there. I was wrong! This was our one and only break that was supposed to let us eat a little bit before we feed the entire base (well there are other dining rooms and a lot of people just bring their own food or go and buy something at the mall so it's really not the whole base but whatever...). So I basically didn't eat anything until I got home, which was lovely... However the lesson was learned. Luckily I was one of the people with seniority there and therefore got this really easy job: making sure there are enough glasses, burecas (not a common thing in the army dining room) and apples. I could just sit as long as nothing was missing. I ended up moving around quite a bit and doing a lot more than I expected and a lot more than the job really required, and later helped all the girls who worked in the room with the dishwasher so we could finish it all as soon as possible. It wasn't anywhere as bad as it was in basic training. We were done by 3:30 and got home at my regular time. |
About Me My name is Inbal I live in Haifa I am 21 years old I'm a walking advertisement for Castro, Flickr and Skype, but I'm not getting paid for this (that's a shame). I'm usually invisible on icq I hate wisdom teeth and band-aids See my complete profile
My wish list:
If you wanna make me happy/ it's my birthday and you don't know what to get for me -- This is what I would like to get :) (as usual I'm saving you the trouble) ![]()
![]() ![]() lable on the right side of my name at the top? You click on this and then choose to upgrade my pro account. I think you have to be signed up for Flickr to do this, as well.
My Routine
Artists: Young Love, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Caviar; Songs: "Toxic", "Helena", "Discotech", "e-talking"; TV: House, BattleStar Glactica, Veronica Mars, Desperate Houswives, Lost, Be'Tipul; Film: "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", "Meet Joe Black", "Shrek 2"; Games: Texas Hold'em, Risk, Stratego, Bullshit; Motto: Wra
Shtutnic Links
Bunnies Ani Kivsa Crazy Cat Drums Hebrew Slang Dictionary Prank Calls Cat Photoshoped Fat Woman The End of The World 87 Billion Tsav Rishon The bunny version of the Titanic Yum! Star Wars Kid Snakes I feel waaa Afroninja Naomi Rubin The Weatherman Screen Cleaning nintendogs Israel/Europe Looking for my leopard Secret Bookshelf Door! Indexed!
Games
Hit The Penguin Hit The Penguin2 Dinky Bomb Breed The Rabbits Frogs Hakasefet The Bird
Quizes
Recognize The Fake Smiles IQ Test IQ Test2 Purity Test Lots of Tests Personality Test Life's Rating
Archives
Credits
Surprise
Flickr
|