|
|
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Yom KipurI've never been more exited about this day! It's really amazing how technology has made this day pass so easily. I believe one day I will avoid all these things like TV, internet etc... and really let the Yom Kipur atmosphere do whatever it's supposed to do to me, but this day is not today. This is what the roads looked like from my window: ![]() I still respect this day though, and won't publicly do things that are religiously forbidden. I can't stand these people that just have to make noise and drive their cars and show everyone how they don't give a shit. Unfortunately it just gets worse from year to year. I was totally shocked when I saw this bus sitting around after 7:30 in the evening (Yom Kipur eve). ![]() I hate how that guy just had to take this noisy bus and make his insulting point of "I don't care, and don't respect it". Adi and I walked from our houses towards each other until we met in the middle (actually I stopped at some point and just waited on some bench until he appeared... but hey, I'm a lady! I'm entitled... right?!). Now comes the evil part though: after a little while of sitting on the bench waiting for Adi, I saw a guy walking down the street and a little dog off of its leash barking at him and chasing him. I wasn't wearing my glasses, so I couldn't see very well, but I was generally entertained by this little show. Then I decided to take a boring picture of a treestump, and while taking the picture I noticed the guy was getting closer. I freaked out because I didn't want anyone to see me using a camera on Yom Kipur (and also because this is just what I do). But then! It turned out to be Adi and he was started telling me all about the stupid dog and how stupid the owners were for letting the dog run free like that and not keeping it on a leash even though they obviously had it (they were holding it). After a few minutes Adi calmed down and we had a good time sitting in the shade in the middle of the town and enjoyed the peace that was surrounding the whole place (other than a few rude cars here and there). We walked a bit down some paths we've never been down before. ![]() ![]() We ran into these two trees: ![]() On the one on the left we found this: ![]() And the one that seems like it's lying or something is just really really bent... ![]() It reminds me of the kind of trees I would imagine Tarzan used to jump from one tree to another in the jungle. ![]() Other than the camera that I take everywhere, I took a binoculars and Adi had lots of fun playing with them. ![]() I was very excited to find this random shoe in a bush... I asked Adi to take a picture of it for me because the sun was to bright for me and I couldn't see what I was taking a picture of. When we were done we came back to the main road and just sat on the traffic divider/island in the middle of the road. ![]() ![]() You can see my neighborhood in the next picture. The arrow is pointing to the building I live in. ![]() I couldn't take a lot more pictures because my memory stick was getting close to being full, so I gave my camera to Adi so he could take more pictures on his way home. He had a few more interesting areas to take pictures of, because he lives in the center. This one was taken near Horev center ![]() And this is the fountain near Pasto (the restaurant). I can't believe the kids had a little foam party there on fucking Yom Kipur!! ![]() My future kids will not be allowed to be part of something like this. |
About Me My name is Inbal I live in Haifa I am 21 years old I'm a walking advertisement for Castro, Flickr and Skype, but I'm not getting paid for this (that's a shame). I'm usually invisible on icq I hate wisdom teeth and band-aids See my complete profile
My wish list:
If you wanna make me happy/ it's my birthday and you don't know what to get for me -- This is what I would like to get :) (as usual I'm saving you the trouble) ![]()
![]() ![]() lable on the right side of my name at the top? You click on this and then choose to upgrade my pro account. I think you have to be signed up for Flickr to do this, as well.
My Routine
Artists: Young Love, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Caviar; Songs: "Toxic", "Helena", "Discotech", "e-talking"; TV: House, BattleStar Glactica, Veronica Mars, Desperate Houswives, Lost, Be'Tipul; Film: "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", "Meet Joe Black", "Shrek 2"; Games: Texas Hold'em, Risk, Stratego, Bullshit; Motto: Wra
Shtutnic Links
Bunnies Ani Kivsa Crazy Cat Drums Hebrew Slang Dictionary Prank Calls Cat Photoshoped Fat Woman The End of The World 87 Billion Tsav Rishon The bunny version of the Titanic Yum! Star Wars Kid Snakes I feel waaa Afroninja Naomi Rubin The Weatherman Screen Cleaning nintendogs Israel/Europe Looking for my leopard Secret Bookshelf Door! Indexed!
Games
Hit The Penguin Hit The Penguin2 Dinky Bomb Breed The Rabbits Frogs Hakasefet The Bird
Quizes
Recognize The Fake Smiles IQ Test IQ Test2 Purity Test Lots of Tests Personality Test Life's Rating
Archives
Credits
Surprise
Flickr
|