|
|
Friday, October 28, 2005
This Succot was on fireLast Friday I went to a BBQ that took place at the same place I threw that other one on Lag Ba'Omer. Adi and I searched for stuff to burn a head of time. Since we didn't have THAT much time we didn't find any good bonfire wood... but we did collect some cardboard boxes and old newspapers. When we got there we found a HUGE piece of wood just lying there, so obvioulsly we used it. The other funny thing we found was ![]() a religious hut (sukkah). Now, even though it was Succot and everything, you wouldn't expect to randomly find a sukkah (and for sure not a religious one) in an area where people go camping and have BBQs. So we were amused. In the process of searching for wood, we considered using the hut or parts of it, but only jokingly. We aren't that mean. Soon Inna and her friend Guy, were there too, and me and Adi didn't wait long to tell them about the boar we saw the other time. Guy got the grill going in like two minutes, so we could start making the food really early. Everything was really tasty and great. When we were all gathered around the bonfire staying warm, Anna mentioned out of nowhere that her dad has an axe, and if she only knew we would find this huge piece of wood she would've brought it with her. We were all pretty shocked and trying to imagine why the hell he would keep an axe in his house in effing Israel. In case it's not clear -- people in Israel do not usually have axes, and we don't really use wood for much, either. It doesn't matter how cold it gets here, it's never something a simple heater won't be able to fix. Adi made up a theory that Anna's dad has an axe simply because he's got a daughter and if one day he'll have a daughter he will get an axe too, so one day when she brings her boyfriend home he'll introduce him his axe just so he knows what happens if he mistreats his daughter. Then he probably said the same thing in a million different ways that I can't really quote, but we all were rolling on the floor laughing. I can never say the same jokes Adi does and make it sound anywhere close to as funny as he makes them sound, so I learned not to even try. He's got the best sense of humor ever, though. During the night we heard all kinds of weird noises that came from deeper in the forest. We recognized a few of them as clearly being coyotes, but there was a mystery one. It sounded like a kid that yelled "ho" every thirty seconds. I called the creature "the animal that does 'ho'" (החיה שעושה הו). ![]() You can see the log, even though it had better moments... ![]() Anna and Adi a little bit before the axe story ![]() Maya and Liat talking about how nice is having a fire to warm you up, and behind them one of the cardboxes Adi and I collected that morning. ![]() I noticed this sign all of a sudden and thought it was hilarious. If they would actually enforce this, It might help -- this shit is expensive! ![]() Guy, David and Ina being weird about me taking pictures of them. ![]() After a lot of trying I finally got a picture of Guy. Just before we were about to end it for the night and leave the place, he showed up with a bunch of branches and stuff that were good to burn and he created a big fire in a second. We were so in awe of this that we all just stood there with our mouths open in complete shock at what he had just done. This guy knows his shit. Whenever someone wants to throw another BBQ, we're gonna make sure this guy is there, too. Inna-Madonna: ![]() ![]() ![]() |
About Me My name is Inbal I live in Haifa I am 21 years old I'm a walking advertisement for Castro, Flickr and Skype, but I'm not getting paid for this (that's a shame). I'm usually invisible on icq I hate wisdom teeth and band-aids See my complete profile
My wish list:
If you wanna make me happy/ it's my birthday and you don't know what to get for me -- This is what I would like to get :) (as usual I'm saving you the trouble) ![]()
![]() ![]() lable on the right side of my name at the top? You click on this and then choose to upgrade my pro account. I think you have to be signed up for Flickr to do this, as well.
My Routine
Artists: Young Love, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Caviar; Songs: "Toxic", "Helena", "Discotech", "e-talking"; TV: House, BattleStar Glactica, Veronica Mars, Desperate Houswives, Lost, Be'Tipul; Film: "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", "Meet Joe Black", "Shrek 2"; Games: Texas Hold'em, Risk, Stratego, Bullshit; Motto: Wra
Shtutnic Links
Bunnies Ani Kivsa Crazy Cat Drums Hebrew Slang Dictionary Prank Calls Cat Photoshoped Fat Woman The End of The World 87 Billion Tsav Rishon The bunny version of the Titanic Yum! Star Wars Kid Snakes I feel waaa Afroninja Naomi Rubin The Weatherman Screen Cleaning nintendogs Israel/Europe Looking for my leopard Secret Bookshelf Door! Indexed!
Games
Hit The Penguin Hit The Penguin2 Dinky Bomb Breed The Rabbits Frogs Hakasefet The Bird
Quizes
Recognize The Fake Smiles IQ Test IQ Test2 Purity Test Lots of Tests Personality Test Life's Rating
Archives
Credits
Surprise
Flickr
|