|
|
Sunday, October 30, 2005
Searching for a new placeAdi's moving to Tel Aviv soon (which is cool for me!), and he started the apartment hunt today. I joined him because I like to be part of any decision in the world :) The first apartment we went to was near Allenby St. in the middle of the city, close to the beach and all the good stuff. When we got there and saw the building I felt like it was gonna be a disaster because it looked extremely trashy, crappy and above all dirrrty (yellow AND dirty). I tried to be optimistic though because I've seen ugly old buildings before and the apartments inside can surprise sometimes. Originally Adi talked to a girl who lives there with her boyfriend and she told him the reason they wanna move is that they wanna get a bigger place. When we got there she wasn't there, but her boyfriend was. There wasn't any number on the building so even though we were pretty sure that was it, Adi called the guy to clarify it and the guy came to us. When he showed up I just wanted to run away, but since that wasn't really an option I just grabbed Adi's arm and held it tight. He must have been the dirtiest, creepiest piece of human being my eyes have ever seen (on purpose, I mean). He was wearing the dirty leftovers of a t-shirt, but it didn't bother him to wear a golden necklace. He was all covered with ugly tattoos and had the most disgusting smile ever (no golden teeth though, I think). Potential heroine addictt. I said to myself "Damn, I don't wanna go inside this place" while preparing myself for a drug cave. He lead us to the entrance and announced: "Ya see all this sewage and garbage lying around here, that's going outta here. Come in...." Sewage?!?! Could it be any worse?! -- oh yeah! We went inside. Luckily his girlfriend wasn't there because I honestly don't know how four people could have fit inside of this apartment at the same time. However, the living room was BAD. It was TINY and dirty and everything was soooo messy. I don't even get how they even had space for a mess. The "kitchen" was behind the door and was barely bigger than the size of an average kitchen sink, but was decorated with bags of food that had been crammed into every free space available. This was supposed to be a two-room apartment, turned out it used to be a studio apartment (and a tiny studio apartment at that) and they built this extra wall and created the "other room". Actually they didn't even finish doing that. Two people could basically throw a ball back and forth between these two "rooms" through the open space at the top of this unfinished "wall" (or whatever it was). They had a single bed in that room since there wasn't really space for a lot more than that They had a single bed in the room since there wasn't really space for much more than that(actually it was two mattresses one on the other). After seeing all of this Adi was kinda moving towards the door, but I grabbed him and showed him the bathroom. I saw the toilet but didn't really get were the shower was until it hit me. The fifteen inch space near the lavatory seat (not enough room for you legs while sitting there even) was the same space you stand and take a shower at. There was a little old tube hanging on something on the wall. Since, there wasn't anything to frame the shower area there was a wiper/ squeegee standing there so you could get rid of the water on the floor. Obviously anytime you would want to use the bathroom after someone took a shower your feet/socks/shoes would get wet. It was definitely enough for us and we left. On our first attempt to catch a bus to a train station we got on some bus that had a sign on it saying "central tel aviv train station". I asked the driver if he goes to a train station just to make sure and it turned out that he went to a total different direction (so typical for Tel Aviv). I guess we won't be able to find anything worse than that... I can't believe these people rent this shity place for fucking $420 !!! I wouldn't live there even if they paid me! Baaaaaaaaah! |
About Me My name is Inbal I live in Haifa I am 21 years old I'm a walking advertisement for Castro, Flickr and Skype, but I'm not getting paid for this (that's a shame). I'm usually invisible on icq I hate wisdom teeth and band-aids See my complete profile
My wish list:
If you wanna make me happy/ it's my birthday and you don't know what to get for me -- This is what I would like to get :) (as usual I'm saving you the trouble) ![]()
![]() ![]() lable on the right side of my name at the top? You click on this and then choose to upgrade my pro account. I think you have to be signed up for Flickr to do this, as well.
My Routine
Artists: Young Love, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Caviar; Songs: "Toxic", "Helena", "Discotech", "e-talking"; TV: House, BattleStar Glactica, Veronica Mars, Desperate Houswives, Lost, Be'Tipul; Film: "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", "Meet Joe Black", "Shrek 2"; Games: Texas Hold'em, Risk, Stratego, Bullshit; Motto: Wra
Shtutnic Links
Bunnies Ani Kivsa Crazy Cat Drums Hebrew Slang Dictionary Prank Calls Cat Photoshoped Fat Woman The End of The World 87 Billion Tsav Rishon The bunny version of the Titanic Yum! Star Wars Kid Snakes I feel waaa Afroninja Naomi Rubin The Weatherman Screen Cleaning nintendogs Israel/Europe Looking for my leopard Secret Bookshelf Door! Indexed!
Games
Hit The Penguin Hit The Penguin2 Dinky Bomb Breed The Rabbits Frogs Hakasefet The Bird
Quizes
Recognize The Fake Smiles IQ Test IQ Test2 Purity Test Lots of Tests Personality Test Life's Rating
Archives
Credits
Surprise
Flickr
|