|
|
Friday, April 01, 2005
I didn't think I would smileThis Tuesday started as a normal day -- I was already on the train to Tel Aviv at 7:20, and was half asleep on the way like everybody else, until this manly-looking version of Sara'le Sharon (the Israeli queen of community singing) or whatever that creature was, showed up out of nowhere. He had a bunch of handkerchiefs and scarves tied up around his arms and legs and he was holding an accordion. Before I totally digested his outfit he started playing and got the formerly-sleeping people attention, too. When all the eyes were directed to him he started singing (btw, I didn't understand it was a guy this whole time untill he was done singing and turned over, and I got to see his face.) His voice was very shrilly and feminine. At some point he stopped singing and just made weird/uncomprehendible loud, scary noises. When the train stopped at the first station in Tel Aviv he ran to some other car and I didn't see him again. After I got off the train I noticed some guy in a blue uniform (I guess he was a Keva guy who serves in the air force or something), who decided to go up the stairs instead of the escalator, slipped on the last stair. After the show on the train earlier I became really sensitive and the view of that tough looking guy slipping like this in the middle of that sea of people made me laugh really bad, it took me a few minutes to get over this. It was a good way to start this day, after the day I had before. Btw, the day before I tried to get a doctor's appointment at the military clinic. I called the place and waited over 30 minutes for someone to answer me, but since that never happened I had to go down there to just make the appointment in person. So this was the day I finally had my appointment. The doctor, as expected, didn't do a very thorough job. It was in her computer that I had been sick in basic training, so that mixed with my fever, made sure she didn't doubt that I was sick. She gave me lots of papers, and told me where the pharmacy was. I left her office and looked at the papers: lots of prescriptions, bloodtest, and troat swab. I checked them again just to see what I need to give and to whom, and then I saw it! It was hidden in all these papers! three gimelim! (days off from the army.) A huge smile appeared on my face, I was happy, I loved everyone, I loved so much, I was smiling and I couldn't stop. I went to take my medicines, and from there went to the lab. I made an appointment for the bloodtest and had the throat swab there. That was the most weird and unprofessional throat swab I've ever had done. The guy took the stick and started digging in my throat with it instead of just touching deeper really quick for a moment. Lucky for him he didn't make me throw up on him. He just missed me hitting the gag-reflex, I think. When he was finally done he smeared it in a perti dish (in a very unprofessional way). I was done and called my mom and Adi to tell them the news. I smiled all the way to the building, I was smilimg when I was waiting for the people who did the guard duty to open the door for me, I was smiling even more when I went up stairs to my floor and was smiling when I got there. I was trying really hard not to smile when I got to my office and heard my boss telling me "I want you to do..." My solution was just to put the paper right in front of his face and look to the other side while saying carefuly "ummm, so what do I do with this... how does it work?" He swallowed. He was speechless for a moment. He was not smiling. Then he said "well. I guess you go home...(bowing his head)" *oh yeah. I'm going home. ah-huh ah-huh* (please forgive me... I tend to do embarrassing things when I'm excited and happy.) On my way back home on the bus, this head was in front of my face ![]() I couldn't stop staring at this one red ringlet. I didn't like this hairstyle but I didn't question that the head belonged to a woman. To my horror it turned out to be a man. |
About Me My name is Inbal I live in Haifa I am 21 years old I'm a walking advertisement for Castro, Flickr and Skype, but I'm not getting paid for this (that's a shame). I'm usually invisible on icq I hate wisdom teeth and band-aids See my complete profile
My wish list:
If you wanna make me happy/ it's my birthday and you don't know what to get for me -- This is what I would like to get :) (as usual I'm saving you the trouble) ![]()
![]() ![]() lable on the right side of my name at the top? You click on this and then choose to upgrade my pro account. I think you have to be signed up for Flickr to do this, as well.
My Routine
Artists: Young Love, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Caviar; Songs: "Toxic", "Helena", "Discotech", "e-talking"; TV: House, BattleStar Glactica, Veronica Mars, Desperate Houswives, Lost, Be'Tipul; Film: "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", "Meet Joe Black", "Shrek 2"; Games: Texas Hold'em, Risk, Stratego, Bullshit; Motto: Wra
Shtutnic Links
Bunnies Ani Kivsa Crazy Cat Drums Hebrew Slang Dictionary Prank Calls Cat Photoshoped Fat Woman The End of The World 87 Billion Tsav Rishon The bunny version of the Titanic Yum! Star Wars Kid Snakes I feel waaa Afroninja Naomi Rubin The Weatherman Screen Cleaning nintendogs Israel/Europe Looking for my leopard Secret Bookshelf Door! Indexed!
Games
Hit The Penguin Hit The Penguin2 Dinky Bomb Breed The Rabbits Frogs Hakasefet The Bird
Quizes
Recognize The Fake Smiles IQ Test IQ Test2 Purity Test Lots of Tests Personality Test Life's Rating
Archives
Credits
Surprise
Flickr
|