|
|
Saturday, March 12, 2005
Zikim - the 3rd week - March 6th-11thI don't remember that much from this week to be honest... It was the second week in a row that I spent in the base, and we started getting closer to the end of basic training and "the light at the end of the tunnel". We had Rasar duty all the time because there wasn't really much left to "teach" us or do with us. I forgot to mention it, but I started to get sick around Monday of the second week. At first it was just my throat but the pain became stronger and stronger and more things added to it. It was just getting extreme around this Monday so I finally went to the company medic. Her finding was a red throat and a fever and gave me five hours in the tent (which is considered a lot! Even after fainting you only get three hours of rest) and some pills. She also made me a doctor's appointment for the next day. Next day (Tuesday) we had the second (and last) day at the range and the graduation march and the swearing in ceremony. We woke up at 4:00am so we could get to the range early and my appointment was at 8:oo. I knew there was no chance I would get to shoot by 8:00 and how pointless it would be to make me go all the way down to the range just so I could do absolutely nothing and come back to the camp for my appointment in the condition I was in, but this didn't matter much to my commanders. So I went with everyone to the range... just so I could eat breakfast (the voh-so-gormet field rations) and come back for the appointment. I was waiting in the clinic FOREVER. At first some other medic checked me. The blood pressure was kinda high... I had a fever (that just got higher later) and my throat was red of course. They knew I wasn't playing with them. The medic sent me to the doctor who said "WOW!" at the sight of my throat... I knew I impressed them enough to give me a nice gimel as soon as that "wow" left his mouth. Unfortunately it was only one gimel (like I wouldn't have a fever the next day... and of course I did). I couldn't really use that gimel anyway because I had to go back to the range and shoot otherwise I would have had to do it at some other time with a different company and different commanders and it would just be too complicated to find the time for it. After the range (around 5:00 at the afternoon) I finally left to the camp area to rest in the tent while the others were doing the march. My commander took the bulb so no one would steal it while we weren't there, so I was just lying down there in complete darkness. I had hardly been there two hours before I had to join my company again for that swearing in ceremony. The marching to where the ceremony took place was actually really exciting, the actual ceremony was totally half-assed, silly, and quite ridiculous. Each one of us was supposed to approach her platoon commander do some weird thing with her gun, shake her/his hand and the samelet's hand and get a bible. It was so hard for me to hold back and not to laugh because no one was sure how to approach the platoon commander and what to do. When it was my turn she asked me (as it turned out to be the same way for everyone) if I was excited. I was like "I guess..." what I needed to do after this was really vague and what I remember from this whole thing is that I forgot to take the bible at first (which gives you an idea of how important it was to me). When I came back to my line I couldn't stop laughing and neither could Arina who was standing to my right. We were laughing our ass off and tears were coming out, it was just out of control. People who noticed the tears assumed we were just excited like other girls who were really excited about the ceremony and the idea of being a real soldier. It was just so not how we felt. The day after I didn't have a gimel and I really needed it because I felt awful, plus it was so freezing cold and raining outside. I found myself in the rain really often and the commanders couldn't care less (well... my commander wasn't there this day because she hurt her leg in out trip which some of us found pretty amusing). I had to guard later, too, when the weather got even worse and if that wasn't enough the fucking girl who was supposed to replace me was 50 minutes late!!! Oh! That bitch! I remember wishing her pneumonia while waiting for her :) It was really impressive the way even more people recognized me just from that day in the clinic. What's even more weird was that more people knew me than the number of people that I knew (it always worked the other way around in the past). |
About Me My name is Inbal I live in Haifa I am 21 years old I'm a walking advertisement for Castro, Flickr and Skype, but I'm not getting paid for this (that's a shame). I'm usually invisible on icq I hate wisdom teeth and band-aids See my complete profile
My wish list:
If you wanna make me happy/ it's my birthday and you don't know what to get for me -- This is what I would like to get :) (as usual I'm saving you the trouble) ![]()
![]() ![]() lable on the right side of my name at the top? You click on this and then choose to upgrade my pro account. I think you have to be signed up for Flickr to do this, as well.
My Routine
Artists: Young Love, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Caviar; Songs: "Toxic", "Helena", "Discotech", "e-talking"; TV: House, BattleStar Glactica, Veronica Mars, Desperate Houswives, Lost, Be'Tipul; Film: "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", "Meet Joe Black", "Shrek 2"; Games: Texas Hold'em, Risk, Stratego, Bullshit; Motto: Wra
Shtutnic Links
Bunnies Ani Kivsa Crazy Cat Drums Hebrew Slang Dictionary Prank Calls Cat Photoshoped Fat Woman The End of The World 87 Billion Tsav Rishon The bunny version of the Titanic Yum! Star Wars Kid Snakes I feel waaa Afroninja Naomi Rubin The Weatherman Screen Cleaning nintendogs Israel/Europe Looking for my leopard Secret Bookshelf Door! Indexed!
Games
Hit The Penguin Hit The Penguin2 Dinky Bomb Breed The Rabbits Frogs Hakasefet The Bird
Quizes
Recognize The Fake Smiles IQ Test IQ Test2 Purity Test Lots of Tests Personality Test Life's Rating
Archives
Credits
Surprise
Flickr
|